Friday, March 2, 2012

Tennis Experience

“I haven’t played that before. Have you?”

Full of excitement I grabbed a racket and a ball, and went to one side of the net. Marcel, our instructor, demonstrated a few basic skills. Everyone followed. I nervously threw the ball in the air and hit it softly with the racket. I felt relieved. I actually hit the ball and it didn’t go tumbling onto the ground. Like I expected.

I learnt the basic skills of playing tennis. I also learnt about a ‘fore arm hit’. I found it difficult to do at first but I practised a little more and I got the hang of it.

One of the games we played were ‘King of the court’. King of the court was sort of like the tennis version of handball. Although I wasn’t the best I still had fun. It was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment