Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Horrible Storm

On Friday 17 while I was eating my dinner I saw a flash of light coming from my window, my sister yelled out “lightning”.

As soon as she finished saying lightning I remembered that there was going to be a storm. I started feeling a bit scared and excited at the same time, I felt scared because my sister told me the storm was going to be so big that trees could collapse at any moment. I also felt excited because I would apparently experience a storm that is the same size as Australia.

Straight after all that talking I felt a little relaxed and carried on eating my dinner.

Once I was finished eating my Dad decided to watch ‘Flags Of Our Fathers’. I joined in watching the movie with him.


While we were watching the movie we could hear the rain and the wind blowing the trees so hard I thought my sister was right and that the trees were going to collapse. Soon after my Dad turned the volume up to block out the rain and wind. It really helped because the movie was about the war America vs Japan and there was a lot of bombs so of course it did block out the horrible noise.

Finally the movie came to an end, it finished around 10 so I decided to go to bed. As soon as I entered my bedroom the horrible wind blew so hard it I was about to go back to the sitting room but I was so restless I just stayed in bed. As I lay on my bed I started feeling alright I could still hear the wind and rain but as time went past I just fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. It is funny how things can be scary and exciting at the same time. It was probably a good idea to block out the roar of the thunder with the roar of the bombs on your movie. Nice descriptive writing, Lavinia.

    ReplyDelete